Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Five Things

1. The girls started Homeschool Enrichment classes on Mondays at a local church. The group is called North Georgia Homeschool Enrichment. Yesterday was week 3. They LOVE their classes. Mary Blakely is taking drama, ballet, art, and cooking. Emily is taking ballet, Spainish and art. I pack Mary Blakely a lunch and she eats with other students after drama. Emily, John and I eat lunch and then I take her back to attend her classes. This is a wonderful time for the girls to experience a classroom setting and make new friends while learning a skill that I am not teaching at the time. (Although, I have always said that our house was like the Drama Club :) ) John and I run errands and most of the time, I end up reading while he finishes a nap in the car.

2. John Mason is starting to crawl! Where in the world have 8 months gone... When he really gets going, I'll have to put on roller skates to catch him. :)

3. I deactivated my Facebook account shortly after John Mason was born. I was glad to have been able to share the news of his birth with friends and family through this tech outlet. I, however, decided that what little free time I had then could be better spent - rather than reading what everyone was doing on Facebook. Yesterday, I read this blog post from True Woman Blog and I thought I would share. The message is so true and the scripture so convicting.

4. Our three "not so little" pigs are on the way to the slaughter house as I type this. Yay!

5. Our 11th wedding anniversary is this Saturday. It is so hard to believe that Brett and I have been married that long! What a blessing! I am so thankful for my husband.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like FIVE of God's BLESSINGS!! And...Happy 11th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed ya on facebook. I have a love/hate relationship with fb! I like that I can keep in touch with family that live far away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!