Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's TWINS!!

We proudly announce the birth of two sweet baby goats! A male and a female. They were born today...I was headed out to the barn around 4:30pm. About halfway to the barn, I heard a "new voice." I ran to the pasture and saw one little black goat standing next to Kisney (the dame). At this point, I bust through the gate, ran up to the crew and saw another little one on the other side of the mother. What a sweet surprise! What is even more surprising is that they are mostly black with white patches. Both the buck and the dame are mostly white with black, so this was a super-duper surprise! The female baby will be named Patch and the male will be named Oreo. Patch is really small, so we'll just hope and pray that they do okay in this first 24 hours. They've had milk, but not much....They are literally hours old as I post this. I would say they were born around 4:00 or 4:15 pm. Kisney is really worn out, too...more so than when she had her first (just one). I guess twins can really wear a mom out!

This is Patch.

This is Oreo.
We just came in from checking on them...it's 8:35pm...and babies and Mom are doing well.

2 comments:

  1. They are so adorable!!

    Hey, I'll be down in Atlanta October 9-12. Will y'all be in town then? I'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog! Like the pictures...cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!