Pages

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Time to Post

I feel kind of weird posting this...no one reads it...but I don't like to leave things undone. It has been over a year since my last post. My girls are 6 and 3! We just measured them and they have grown 1 inch each since May and a total of 3 inches each in one year. Our homeschool studies start next week. We have enrolled Mary B in the second charter year (if there is such a thing) of the Georgia Virtual Academy. It is a state funded and accredited homeschool program using the k12 curriculum. We are so very excited to try this. It is free! (Well, Brett says it's reallocated money that we've already paid in taxes...and rightly so.) They are sending her textbooks, science materials, even a dry erase board. That's so funny!

So living on a little farm is wonderful! Last night, after I cooked dinner, we all headed outside to play with our animals. I groomed Cupcake (our pony) and April Ann (the Miniature horse) while the girls ran around chasing Starflower (The baby goat). I'll post pictures later. After we all got really sweaty (it was 95 degrees) we came in for baths. While the girls played in the tub, I went back out to pull the girls dresses off the clothesline. I came in and told Brett that I felt really "country." You know.."country, but comfy."

I've been reading some great books by Nancy Wilson about Biblical womanhood. They are really encouraging to the Christian mother. Her blog, Femina, is great too. Being a stay at home mother, I need all the encouragement I can get. Interestingly enough, there are only three full time stay at home moms in our church, and I am one of them (and we are the only family that homeschools in our church!) Isn't that strange? If you go down the road to the "Big" First Baptist church in our area, there are a lot of stay at home moms and several homeschool families. Now don't get me wrong, we love our church and we know that God has a purpose for us there. This path that the Lord is leading us on is wonderful and so fulfilling...and definitely narrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!