Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Lion and The Lamb

The wolf shall dwell with the lamb,
   and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together;
   and a little child shall lead them.
Isaiah 11:6

I find incredible peace when I read this scripture from the prophet Isaiah.  It fortells of the mighty kingdom that Christ will restore. God's creation will be as He intended from The Beginning.  There will be no death, suffering, or loss.  I am so thankful for the promise of Peace.  There WILL be peace on Earth one day, but it will only come from the mercy, peace and promise of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This week's challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is to make a card that uses paper piecing.  I have a Cricut machine, and I have recently ordered a computer program that will allow me to cut anything I design on my Cricut with no cartridge.  The program isn't here, but I have downloaded a few files to use with the program.  These files also come with a PDF so that I can just trace the pieces and cut them out by hand.  That is just what I did.  I trimmed out each piece, inked or chalked the edges and then assembled the pattern.  For the sentiment, I used a marker to color part of the image. Paper piecing pattern The Lion and The Lamb from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.

I will probably never send this card.  It is special to my heart, and I will keep it as a remembrance of God's promises and His perfect peace.

The Lion and The Lamb

5 comments:

  1. You are so talented, Rachael! Beautiful card and beautiful thought. Peace to you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! You are so talented! I love that verse also. Very comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, this is adorable. I love how the little lion's face looks. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could send it either, so special, and very cute! BTW, I'm very jealous that you have a Cricut :) Thanks for stopping in to 'see' me today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your blog and viewing your inspiring cards. I have an off the wall question for you: would you like to be a guest designer for my faith-based website? For more information please email me at Dawn at Faithfullyyours.net Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!